New SE106 Upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SE106 Upper

Well, after doing much reading and debating, I finally bought a new SE106 upper to replace my old Alpha 1 upper. The unit arrived within a week, along with the install kit and impeller kit that I had ordered. I had a couple small issues - the new brass intermediate shift shaft wouldn't fit onto the splines on my old lower, so I reused the old brass intermediate shift shaft. I got everything together and got out to the lake last night. Everything ran great. Except...

My engine would cut out at ~1750 RPM's or so EVERY TIME. I started looking around, did a little reading, and determined that my shift cable needed adjustment. I just finished that little procedure this morning and everything APPEARS to be functioning normally. It's a bit early to actually start the boat, but I will do a driveway test when I get back later this morning, and then off to the lake after that for a real world test.

So far, so good! The drive looks great and the documentation available here at SEI's website is excellent. I will keep this thread updated as I finish the break in procedure and beyond.

Thanks SEI for saving this old boat!

Update -

After a long weekend, the new drive is performing exceptionally well. It isn't really any louder than my old Merc upper. I'm closing in on the end of the ten hour break in period. I'll keep posting updates as I go.

Comment

I have finished up my 10 hour break in period and all appears to be well. I've adjusted my shift cable and everything is working normally. I haven't spent any more time on the water as my starter seized last weekend. I'm pulling it out tonight and sending it out for a rebuild.

Hopefully, I'll be back on the water by next weekend. I will post more as I spend more time on the water with my new drive.

Comment

Working...
      X