72-73 glassmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72-73 glassmaster

I have a 1972 - 1973 Mercruiser / Glassmaster boat 90 HP with the 1.6 renault engine in it.

I bought the boat thinking all was good and I could trust the people I bought it from ... yeah right ... ok onto the repair part.

I can not seperate the upper and lower units however upon further investigation I notice this was a problem for the old owner also. Because the lower unit is craked in a few places.

I removed the upper impeller housing and noticed alot of wear on the housing unit.

So I am in the market for a complete unit. My question is this: what unit should I be looking at the SE106 or SE 116.

Also do you have a price that includes installation kit, new cables, propeller and all?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Those 90's are a little before my time, but I believe they are not the same size as what would be referred to as the R/MR/Alpha series. If I remember correctly they are about 25 percent smaller, therefore nothing we make would work for it. To verify this you could measure the distance between the input and output shafts and we can compare to what we offer and see if they are the same.

Tech Support

Comment

The mercruiser dealer tells me it's a MR but I will get measurements tommorow when I get home from work.

You need the height between the input and output shaft is that correct ?

Comment

Yes, measure the height between the input and output (prop) shafts. After further research it probably is an MR drive.

Tech Support

Comment

It measures approximately 17.5 inches. Serial # 2899271

My boat mechanic tells me without a doubt it's a Mercruiser MR sterndrive.

Does this help?

Mark

Comment

The measurement should be approximately 22 inches from the center line of the input shaft to the center line of the prop shaft. If you are positive you have an MR drive our SE 106 will work for you.

Tech Support

Comment

You are right. I was measuring wrong :(

Ok do you have a price break if I buy the install kit se106 and prop all at the same time ?

Comment

Our prices are as low as possible. We do not offer any discounts.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X