Happy SE106 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy SE106 Owner

I replaced my alpha 1 with an SE106 because it had a lot of hours on it, reverse was not engaging all the time and I wanted to change the gear ratio since I put a larger engine in my boat. I did a lot of research before buying from SEI and was prepared for it to be noisy when I first started it. I really didn’t think it was that noisy. Yes you could hear it but after an hour on the water the sound was pretty much gone. So far I have two hours of following SEI's breaking procedure and I feel real comfortable with my decision of buying an SE106. I do have a shifting problem but I am certain it is my lower shift cable. It shifts fine into gear but intermittently kills the engine when disengaging from forward or reverse. I just order a lower shifter cable assembly so I am certain after installing the new cable I will be all set. Oh by the way I just sold my old Alpha 1 on Craigslist for $200. So don’t through away our old outdrive, if the casing is still in good shape it’s still worth some money.
Working...
X