Alpha One Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha One Question

I am not sure of which Alpha One I have. The s/n is 0D630190 We just got the boat and it needs new gears in the upper unit. I was ran without oil and shredded the gears. Also need to know what ratio it would be. Thanks alot!

Please give us the year of the boat and the engine size. Also look on the port side of the upper on the decal and see if you can see the ratio.

Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by pwweave94 View Post
      I am not sure of which Alpha One I have. The s/n is 0D630190 We just got the boat and it needs new gears in the upper unit. I was ran without oil and shredded the gears. Also need to know what ratio it would be. Thanks alot!
      The boat is a 1991 and it has a 5.0L LX/V8 Also I looked on the port side and can see any ratios on the upper. The sticker says Alpha One but I am not sure if it's Gen.1 or 2 Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        Please give us the year of the boat and the engine size. Also look on the port side of the upper on the decal and see if you can see the ratio.

Tech Support
        Just went down there and looked again and I did see what I believe was a 150R ?? Does that sound right for the ratio?

Comment

Serial number OD630190 would be an Alpha One Gen 2. The 1.5 to one ratio would be correct for your motor. You would need our 116 series with a 1.47 to one ratio (replaces the 1.5 to one). You should consider replacing both the upper and lower. The two halves share the same oil and debris from the upper will have gotten into the lower.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X