Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Heating\ WOT

Hi

I bought both upper and lower units from a supplier in Baltimore in May this year. They then shipped to me in Scotland, UK. The serial numbers are 27199 and 30373.
    I have installed the units and have run them in for 10 hours with no problems. However after the break in period I have tried to run the boat at 4000rpm and above. If I run at this for about 1 minute the alarm goes off for the over heating. I then stop the boat. Start her up again and the boat runs all day long. But when I try and go past the 4000rpm the alarm goes off.

Any ideas?

Second problem is that the boat is a bayliner 2455 with a 5.0L engine. The operation WOT before I changed the stern was 4600rpm. Now the boat with the same propeller will only reach 4000rpm. The gear ratio on the recite say’s 1.47. I thought it would run at the same RPM as the old one. Or am I missing something?
    Thanks for your time in advance

It sounds like the water pump wear plate might not be sealing the cavity it sits on. This would allow the pump to aerate at higher speeds. You can remove the wear plate and reinstall it with extra perfect seal and positioned to seal off the corners of the cavity it covers. If you were previously running the same ratio you should have the same W.O.T. RPM. The newer 5.0 litre engines typically used a 1.62 ratio.

Tech Support

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the information. Would it be possible to post some pictures of this fix? I am not a boating expert by any stretch of the imagination. But it does not sound too hard as long as I have some pictures top follow.

Thanks for your time in advance.

David

Comment

I sent some pictures to your email address.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X