The inevitable decision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The inevitable decision!

I purchased a 1984 Sea Ray 21 foot walk around cuddy cabin a year ago cheap, knowing there were going to be many issues to confront, from the decaying trailer to the faulty ignition switch and everything else in between. But, this being the the style of boat my wife and I were looking to fish and boat from and the price being right we dove in. With the ever ongoing repairs and upgrades we have made along the way, I knew the out drive would eventually need to be replaced. Well untimely as it always is, that time has come. I made the decision to go with the complete SE 106 and made my order today. The nice Lady who took my order was helpful and made my transaction pleasant and eased the initial anxiety of dealing with the unfamiliar and "never actually seen on the water product" purchase. For anyone else that has had the unsure feelings of opting for this much more affordable alternative, I will keep you posted to my experience.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Received outdrive in 3 business days, everything looks good. Had my mechanic install the outdrive the next day. $285 later I,m ready for break-in. Everything looks good, mechanic said it was a smooth install, will keep posted.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 gear oil changes, break in complete, over 25 hours logged, all is well. I didn't experience what some call alarming metal shavings in my gear lube changes and I didn't think the unit was exceedingly noisey. So far I am happy with the outdrive and confident it will serve me well during the current fall Striper run, will keep posted.
    Last edited by stretzum; 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM. Reason: update of SEI Experience
Working...
X