what do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i have?

i just purchaced a 26 foot prusuit with a merc 260 and a se drive is there anny way to tell the age of the unit ? my secod question is th drive was sceraming so i pulled boat and took off drive drained oil smelled burnt i sissambled upper and found input and lower gear galled more so the lower gear and the top of the lower shaft had a mark where it was pushing on the gear do you think i have a problem in lower also? can i send the unit to you to rebuild? thanks this sucks we are in the middle of the striped bass run now not the time fo something like this to happen thanks

Contact the warranty department at 813-925-7127 between 8AM-5PM Eastern Time. Have the serial numbers of the upper and lower for them. They can tell you the status of the warranty on the drive. If the upper gears produced chunks of metal debris I would recommend servicing the lower unit as well.

Tech Support

Comment

thanks where do i find the #s and what type if # am i looking for can oyu give me a example?

Comment

The serial number is 5 digits. The serial number plates are on each half in a cavity towards the rear of the casting in between where the halves join together (you must have them separated to see the plates).

Tech Support

Comment

thanks found them now that i know my unit is out of warrenty can you rebuild the unit?

Comment

I'm sorry, we do not perform repairs on drives unless they are under warranty.
            You can take the drive to any mechanic familiar with Alpha drives to quote repair costs.

Tech Support

Comment

Don´t sail with a rebuild sterndrive. Buy a new one. The SEI sterndrive are well-known for high quality and reliability, and compared to an original Mercruiser Alpha One sterndrive, I would prefer to get a new one from SEI with 3 years warranty.
              I am 100% a danish Viking....:)

Comment

thanks i purchaced a new drive should have it on monday !!want to be fishing by wed night !! have to go to boston and wont be back until tuesday!! cant wait!!

Comment

Working...
                X