pre load pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre load pin

Hi.. just got outdrive today.. noticed 2 things different .. from my old unit.. one being it doesn't have a pre load pin on top of shaft and NO oil ring.. is this ok.. did they do away with these? Any help would greatly be appreciated..

You have the older style unit. The newer style does not have the preload pin or the o-ring groove. The newer style fits perfectly and is considered an upgrade.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

different shaft diameters?

My older unit had the preload pin. I cannot get the SE106 to mate with my older upper half. The old shaft diameter is 0.860 inches. The SE106 has a 0.875 diameter. I think it is the larger diameter shaft that is keeping the two halve from fitting together. Do I need a different part?

Comment

Count the number of splines on the drive shaft of your old lower unit. If it has 13 splines the new lower should work, if it has 9 splines it will not.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X