Which Outdrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Outdrive?

Hi I have a 1969 IMP with a 350 Chev Mercruiser. I am not so sure on what model we have but my out drive blew last weekend and being that my boat is a 69 some local shops without seeing the boat suggested to scrap the boat I on the otherhand can't seem to accept that very well being that my boat doesn't look like a 69 it is in excellent condition. I feel that I need to do more research to make sure that we are at the end of the rope before I even consider scrapping it. Can you please help me figure out what type of outdrive I have and what my options are I hope SEI can help me.

Thank you.

Josephine

I have looked at the picture you sent, and I am pretty sure that it is a II (two) drive, but it may possibly be a III (three) drive. I am not familiar enough with the older units to know for sure. Don't confuse them with a Bravo II or Bravo III. They are very different and no parts interchange. You may be able to find some people that specialize in the older drives.

You might want to consider a repower project, where you just replace the power package (engine,transom assy, and drive) with a brand new package, or look for a boat that has a damaged hull and get the engine package from it. The cost to do the swap is fairly high, but considering the replacement costs for new boats I think it may be more reasonable.

Good luck,

Tech Support

[/img]
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X