X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise when turning

Hello
    I just installed a 106 outdrive.
    when steering straight ahead everything sounds fine when I turn either direction I hear a knocking noise. Is this normal? If not how do I fix the problem?

Thanks

It could possibly be the gimbal bearing making the noise. When the drive was off did you check the bearing by rotating it and making sure that is is very smooth?

It could also be the U-joints which would be under warranty as long as no water has got on them from a leaky bellows.

When was the last time the boat was used with the old outdrive?

Feel free to give us a call on Monday if you'd like

727-461-0811

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

When I installed the drive the bearing seemed very smooth when I turned it. We were useing the boat until I had to replace the drive.

Comment

Finally got the boat pulled, took off the drive can't find anything wrong. No water, no play in the universals, bearing still feels smooth and tight when I spin it. Seems like there is less noise now than when I first put it in.
        Thanks

Comment

Okay, keep us posted if anything changes.

Tech Support
          Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
          X