Prop Cavitation during break in period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Cavitation during break in period

I notice frequent prop cavitation while breaking in my new outdrive. I remember breaking in the Mrec. when the boat was new, it seems like I may have had an excessive amount of cavitation then ( 1995 ).

I have a new 21" prop on a 1.84r drive 4.3L motor. Is it possible that the power translation is so positive that it just clearly breaks loose in almost all acceleration and turns at mid speeds or quick acceleratoins ?

do I have an outdrive problem ?

Jeff

Jeff,

Did the tag on the upper unit say that it was a 1.84 upper? If you give me the serial number I can verify it just to be sure.

Also, you said you have a new prop. Is it a new prop that you bought for the new drive or did you also use this prop on your old drive? If it is a new prop for this drive, then I would try the old prop to see if that makes a difference.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X