First SE 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First SE 106

Installed my se 106, filled with high performace merc. oil and test ran the boat easy for 1hr at the lake. All seems to be ok, some whine, more than I would like but I was expecting some noise. Some metal on the plug, cleaned plug off and reinstalled, also check oil level.
    Plan to go ocean fishing soon , will hopefully put 10-20 hrs of running on the drive, with hours of additional trolling. Will change oil at 10 hrs.
    So far I have no complaints and the drive fit just like the old one, shift fine, no problems installing. Now comes the real test over the next several years of fishing. I only have a 135hp engine so the drive is going to get run easy. No water skiing, most of the time I run at 10-20 mph due to ocean conditions.
    So far completely happy with the se106 purchase and product.

Outdrive Performed Great

Well got back from my 4th of July vacation, put 34 hrs on the outdrive. Changed oil at about 8 hrs because the weather turned bad and the boat was on the trailer for a day. Fuss on the plug, nothing to be concerned about, not water in the oil. Outdrive whine is driving me nuts but the outdrive is getting less noisy. The gear whine just bother me personally since the old outdrive was quite as a mouse until the gears went out. Shift good, no problems what so ever.
    I ran 30 miles one day salmon/bottom fishing, 40 miles another day halibut, 20 miles for salmon again, another 5-10 for salmon. All ocean running and trolling. Kept the outdrive between 800-2800 rpms with some short burst of full throttle. Tried to follow break in proceedure as best as I could.
    Best of all I brought home 200+ pound of fish.

Comment

Nice...just bought & received my first sei 106..hope to have same experience with the drive as you did.
      1975 Grady White
      165hp Mercruiser

Comment

64hrs and going strong

Just put some more hours on the outdrive and more fish in the freezer.
        I now have 64hrs of run time on the outdrive, outdrive is fairly quite now and is still working fine.
        Probably covered another 100 miles under power and numerous hours of trolling in the ocean.
        Still happy with the outdrive and would purchase another one in a hear beat.

Comment

Working...
        X