Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SE116 Experience

Hi,
    I own a Searay 190 BR with a Mercrusier Alpha 1 Gen 2 Stern Drive. A few weeks ago I hit a rock and bent my prop shaft and broke a chunk off my skeg.
    My mechanic told me it would be at least $850.00 dollars to repair because a new prop shaft is $400.00 dollars alone. I found SEI online and was very skeptical. I read all the posts and it seems that anyone that had a problem, SEI took care of it. And with a 3 year no fault warranty I had nothing to lose.
    I ordered a SE116 lower unit on June 11th and I recieved it on June 15th.
    I installed the unit this past Saturday in 2 hours. I did use the recommended oils, grease, and sealants listed in my Mercury shop manual. I started up the engine using earmuffs and ran the drive for about 20 minutes. It shifted into forward and reverse fine and had no abnormal noise. On Sunday I took the Boat out for a test run following the break-in instructions. I put 3 hours on it and it shifted smoothly and I could not hear any difference in noise from my OEM drive.
    So far I am a very happy customer. I will keep you updated during the rest of the break-in period.

Happy Boating,
    Joe

Break-in update

Last weekend I put another 3 hours on the drive. I now have 6 hours on it. I started to hear a slight whine from the drive, and a few times when I shifted from forward to neutral the gears did not disengage. when this happened I moved the shifter to forward again and back to neutral and it disengaged. I may have to adjust the shift cable. Other than that the drive worked great! When I got home I was curious how the gear oil looked. So I drained the oil and it was fine. I then put fresh oil in. Everything is good so far. Next time out I will run at full throttle for brief intervals. Will let you know.

Joe

Comment

SEI 116 20 Hour Update!

I now have 20 hours on the Lower unit and everything is working great. I adjusted the shift cable linkage (took about a minute) and now have no problem getting into neutral. The slight noise went away and the oil still looks good.

Comment

Working...
      X