what all comes in the the drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what all comes in the the drive?

is the water pump housing and impeller pre-installed in the lower? is the water pocket installed in the upper? what else do i need other than the install kit?

i hit a log last time out and turned it into my insurance company. it did not break my skeg or bend my prop but it did cracked my upper gear set. they wanted me to take it to a certified merc mechanic and get his opinion. i took the boat to a merc mechanic that examined the drive and put in writing that the damage was likely from a prop strike. they are still trying to deny my claim because the adjuster said there is NO way that it could crack the gear with out any noticeable damage to the outside. i am in the process of fighting it.

All you need to do is assemble the upper onto the lower , fill with oil from the bottom slowly untill it comes out the top plug, install drive and do the break-in procedures
    On the damage report, you can destroy the gears as easily as hitting a plastic lawn bag let alone bottom structure.

Comment

thanks for the reply, do you know of anywhere on the net that i can find documentation to back up the fact that the upper gear set can brake with out cracking the bullet. i have tried searching but come up empty.

Comment

Might try other insurance company adjusters to obtain a list of their claims for underwater strikes.

Comment

Working...
        X