upgrade from 106 to 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade from 106 to 116

Just discovered the transom assemblies on my "new" boat are corroded to the point of needing to be replaced too.

Engines are 350 magnums originally connected to alpha one generation I drives.

If I buy a new pair of Alpha One Generation II transom assemblies and two new 116 drives, is there anything else I'll need to change to convert from generation 1 to generation II?
    Island

Assuming that you get Complete transom assy.'s with the trim cylinders, then everything else should be the same. I can't remember if there was any variations in the y-pipe, so possibly if the bolt pattern doesn't match you may beed to purchase those as well.

You will also need to drill out two more holes per drive through the transom. The Gen II using two extra studs or bolts.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks - much appreciated.

A bit down this morning that I need to replace the transom assembly (at lease one, so might as well do them both since the other probably is not too far behind)

But I found the complete transom assemblies at a price I can afford thanks to you here on the forum a while back.

I like the fact that the 116's have the internal lube connection for a remote resevoir, so it seems like now is the time to upgrade.
      Island

Comment

Anyone know about the power steering attachment - I see there is an old style and a new style. Will the old style (1990) mount up properly to the new generation II inner assembly?
        Island

Comment

Well, two new Gen II transom assemblies ordered. Good news is that transom looked fine (worried I would find something I didn't want to when removing the transom assmeblies from my 1990 boat!) But all looked good. And two new SE116 drives ordered.

I plan to sell my open box SE106 drives on ebay for maybe $100 under retail and maybe throw in the complete install kit to make up for the open box -- hopefully I'll come out ok.
          Last edited by Island; 07-17-2009, 11:58 PM.
          Island

Comment

Working...
          X