My SEI experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SEI experience.

I have a 94 Searay with Merc outdrive. It quit 2 wks ago at the lake, cleaned the gears off of both top gears in the case. I looked into how to fix. SEI came to the rescue. I ordered a SE116 and received it in a few days. Installed the unit, filled it with grease, ran with elephant ears for about 30 min., then took it to the lake, spent the next 3 hours trolling around. One thing is that it has less noise than the internet warned of, and something no one talked about is that my water temp never got over 160 degree. The old drive would get up to 210 in an idle situation. I am very pleased, everything worked well.
    Just a little note to SEI, I didn't get any instructions with the unit, I did go back and look at your site and found the instructions but it would have helped to be put in 1 of the two boxes. The other is that your tech service is not very cordial, I called to ask about instructions, but more specifically to ask what to do about the speedometer hookup, as it is different on the 94 and the 97. I was told abruptly that the info was in the instructions, but alas no instructions. He did give me the number that I needed to buy to fix the problem. This was a $10 part. I had to drive 120 miles to get the part to finish putting my drive together to go try it out. It would have helped to have charged me $10 more and put the part in the box, or snap it on the drive and give directions. All in all it works, and cools like it is supposed to. Thank you.
Working...
X