Merc. 225HP lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc. 225HP lower unit

My original outboard lower unit whent out a few weeks ago. Gear broke and punched a hole through the housing. While I was trolling back to the trailer I called Kenny (the service manager @ Day's Boats in Lexington, KY) and he reccomended that I go with SEI based on his past experience. Availabilty and price sounded good so I went with that.

Brought the boat in the following Wednesday and was suprised when I received a call @ 4:00 PM the same day saying..." Sorry we didn't have it ready sooner but come and get it when you can. I guess there was a blemish that they didn't like so they sanded and painted it to make sure I was happy. Not too many dealers out there that will do that for you. Well after 3.5 hrs. following the breakin directions, I put the boat on the trailer and noticided what looked like a divot from a hammer in the lower right hand side. When I called Kenny he informed me that was the area he had a problem with and evidently that housing must have taken a hit somewhere before it made it to him. SEI wanted the entire lower housing back and said they would restuff everything in a new housing at now charge but Kenny knowing that I needed the boat ordered another one so I would have it in time"

I have 5 hours on the 2nd lower unit and other than some paint blemishes everything seems to be working ok. ANYONE know where I can pickup some Mercury Black touch up paint? Lexington is over an hour away from where I live.

I will send an update once I hit 10 hours. Good boating/fishing to all.
Working...
X