New SE116 outdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SE116 outdrive

I have recently installed a new SE116 outdrive on our boat and I wanted to post how my experience went. All in all everything went smooth, from the ordering process to the installation. I got the installation kit also as I read where it would come with a new shift lever - which I was worried might have gotten bent when I removed the old drive before realizing it needed to be in forward gear! Not sure about the lever, as there wasn't one in the parts that came although the lower unit of course had the shift lever sticking out of the gearcase...in any case the old parts were fine. Also didn't need the new bolts that came with the kit ...the old ones were fine, probably more important if you use your boat in salt water. I had a bellows kit to put on and both it and the installation kit came with a set of gaskets which left me with duplicates..all this meant was I spent some extra $$ I didn't really need to, but oh well. We have gone through the break in process and have been using the boat now for 2 weeks and it is running fine. I think that the SEI drives are a very good alternative to the more expensive Mercury parts....really only time will tell, but the wonderful guarantee that comes with these drives makes them a pretty sure bet. My only criticism would be about the directions for installation....they are only online which is OK, but no parts list that identified where all the specific bolts were to be used and a couple of the steps lacked adequate pictures to follow along while assembling.Got through it all though and thus far have been very happy with the purchase.
Working...
X