water in lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in lower

after doing the 10 hour break in and changing the oil at 5 and 10 and again at 15[hours] ,I have noticed the oil milky in the bottom from the drain plug,but at the top when trimmed up and getting it to flow out its not milky,this has done this sense the 1st oil change will it go away or is this a warranty issue?

Usually if there is water in the oil and you have been running it, the water will get mixed in with the oil. Then after it sits for quite a while the water will seperate and go to the bottom of the unit.

There should not be any water in the unit. A common place for it to come in is from a loose drain or vent plug or a bad plug gasket. It can also get into the drive if you have a bad bellows.

Tech Support

Comment

ok so I"ll check the plug seals and replace if needed, what are these bellows and where are they, and if I cant fix it ,do you think its a seal,and is this covered under the 3 year warranty?

Comment

Never mind about the bellows, I was thinking of a sterndrive. If it is a seal on the unit, it is definately covered under warranty. Just call the warranty department with your serial number.

Tech Support

Comment

water in oil

I usually don't jump into a thread, but i have a thought on this one. When i was checking the oil on my Se116 i noticed that the oil appeared cloudy (milkey) , I thought I had water in the oil and was getting very concerned. I let the oil sit for an hour and it became clear again. Turns out it was air in the oil and it came out as it sat. Just a thought. But when i looked at mine it looked milkey and it turned out to be air bubbles.

Comment

Working...
          X