Thread: Alpha/Alpha One Outdrive Problem

Question Alpha/Alpha One Outdrive Problem

I bought a boat that had an Alpha One drive with it but not attached. When I mounted the outdrive on the boat I discovered that it won't trim down. It seems that the gimbal ring is just a hair too narrow at the bottom. It looks like it might be bent just a bit. Will it affect anything if I just grind 1/30" off the lip on th inside that is preventing it from going down all the way? How do I find out the gear ratio on this outdrive?
    Last edited by thebean69; 08-30-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: New information

It must be bent if it is only .030 of a difference. I would guess the right thing to do would be to replace it if it is bent. You don't want that breaking off while underway.

As far as the ratio, you can pull the top cover off and count the teeth on the gears.

Tech Support

thanks thats what i did and it works fine now