Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.4L 454 Magnum - Can I use your sterndrives or lower gearbox's ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.4L 454 Magnum - Can I use your sterndrives or lower gearbox's ????

Hi Guys,

I need to know one way or another if I can use your complete sterndrive replacement or lower gearbox replacement for my 7.4L 454 magnum engine (1992)

It has a bravo one leg.

I have been told yes and no by two different people, one from SEI.

Can someone let me know if I can, or if I cant, what other options do I then have???

What you need is a bravo drive. We do not make a complete bravo but we do have a lower that will work for you (SE121). If you are referring to our complete Alpha style (SE116) then no, you cannot use that with a 7.4L.

Tech Support

Comment

great

thats great, thanks for that.

Only my lower needs to be replaced, was just considering a full swap though.

What is the difference between the SE121 and the SE122, is it just the water intakes, and why would I choose 1 over the other>???

Comment

Yes, the difference is the water intakes. If you need a low water intake then you would choose the 122. If you do not need a low water intake then you would choose the 121. If you currently do not have low water intake then get the 121. If you get the 122 you might have problems with sucking up sand if you beach the boat.

Tech support

Comment

thanks

Hi,

thanks for that, appreciate it.

One more question, then time to order!

I am not sure what year model my engine/drive is, any chance you can tell me???

engine serial is 0f002118 and outdrive serial is 0f002119

I believe its a 1992 but I am not sure.

If it were a 91 or earlier, I see its still compatible but needs to be modified, what modifcations need to be made and do you guys do them or would I have to?

thanks

Comment

can anyone help???

anyone have any ideas on above post please???

Comment

I am not sure of the year of your drive. If it is a 1991 or older you just need to plug the oil hole with some silicone or a set screw. We do not to it, so you would have to.
              To verify if you have the oil hole or not, just pull the lower off and look for a small o-ring towards the front of the lower unit. It is about 3/8 inch OD.

Tech Support

Comment

perfect, thanks, ordering now, hopefully alll goes well.

thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
                X