Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it aint so

Hi,

I recently had a SE106 installed on my boat. At the same time we had Gimble bearing, Bellows, Shift Cable, etc. all replaced. Now I did some research before buying the drive and was impressed with what I was reading. BUT now that we are all back together and in the water we are over heating at high speed. When we bring it back down to idle the temp. comes down as well. So now I've done some more research and it seems like I'm not the only one with problems. It seems like there has been a lot of possible reasons, some of them seem to be Quality Control issues at SEI. The one that killed me was the water pump housing gasket put in upside down. I guess my question is, before I pay to have the boat pulled out of the water and then pay someone $100/hr to look at it. Is there any consistant issues I should look at first. Or do I just start at the begining. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

drive

What issues did you have with the old drive?

its not uncommon to find the base gasket installed wrong, a lot of my customers do the same thing.
    Remove the hose from the T housing and test run motor for 15-20 seconds@ 1500rpm.flow should almost fill a 5 gal pail
    did you have this condition with the other drive?
    did you replace the water inlet hose?
    the age of the risers?

Comment

For an SE 106 to have a high speed overheat there are a few things to check. First, the gasket could be backwards. We have had it happen a couple of times before, but we have probably sold 20,000 units that use that style water pump. Also if the pump has had sand run through it that will cause a high speed overheat. Finally if the pump has taken a set and the blade are not flexing back then it will not pump efficently at high speed and cause an overheat.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
      X