Missing Bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Bolt?

I just got my lower unit back from some warranty work. I got everything lined up and put back on, but when I went to put on the last nut, the threaded lug was not there???

I am pretty sure there are supposed to be 5 nuts to attach the lower. 2 "pairs" as well as the one "single" on the transom end just below the brass shift roller.

Is it a big problem if this is missing? I am sure it is supposed to be there because I have an extra nut left over. do I need to pull the lower again and send the damned thing back AGAIN! It took me almost a month round trip last time...

If you are talking about the stud that goes on the front of the 106 lower, there is a good chance that it was loose in the box. We actually had an issue with that stud bending and sometimes breaking during shipping, so now we send that stud loose in the box instead of installing it on the drive before shipping.

If you could just take a look in the box and hopefully it is in there, but if not please call the Warranty department and we will get one sent out to you A.S.A.P.

Tech Support
    Last edited by Tech Support; 10-19-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

bolt

I agree, had a new unit shipped with a broken casting due to the forward stud that was damaged in transit.,

Comment

Working...
      X