Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Se108 Counter Rotation

Hello.

In January I bought a SE108 lower unit counter rotation and since I wanted to replace one of the two Alpha one Gen 1 R/H lower units I have on the boat.

I took off the one of the left hand side and replaced it wit the SE108 and it fits quite well.

Yestarday I started the engines before I put the boat to the sea,since I took both engines out for maintiance, I noticed that when I put the engines in forward both stern drives are rotating to the right hand side

I don't know but I just took out the old unit (R/H) and changed it with the SE108 L/H (counter rotation) is it possible that I did somthing wrong or I need to do somthing else?

How can I check to know that they send me the right lower unit L/H (counter rotation)?

I send an email to the sales@sterndrive.cc but I don't have any answer?

Can some one help me out?

Thanks
    Last edited by shanz_2008; 05-17-2010, 02:01 PM.

You send an email to us Sunday when we were closed. Monday mornings are hectic, so the sales department hasn't gotten to answer yours yet, however they did verify they shipped you the right item.

If you had a standard rotation and just installed a counter rotation, it will not work properly. You also have to change the throw of your shift cable at the helm and install a LH prop.

Do not run the boat as is, make the changes noted above and then you will be all set.

Tech Support

Comment

Hi,

First of all thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for sending another email today but thought it did not get through. Thanks for the information and I will do like you told me with the shifting of the gear cable. With regards to prop I have a 4 blade L/H & R/H props so basically what was wrong was the gear shift cable of the helm.

With regards to the running in, if I start the engine while the boat is still on dry land obviously in a water tank, and without the prop but on gear for about 20 minutes, will I do any damage?

Sorry once again for sending more than one email but now here in Malta is nearly summer and it is the time to put the boat at sea and thought I had alot trouble and this caused me panic.

Thanks again!
      Last edited by shanz_2008; 05-17-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Yes, all you need to do is switch the cable. As far as running it with out the prop, it will be fine.

Tech Support

Comment

control cable

Depending on your control box, this link might help
          It`s the very last one

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....post%201693398

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X