OMC Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC Conversion

I am interested in converting an 87 cobra 4.3 to your unit. Are there additional parts needed for the conversion aside from your conversion kit and the drive. The cobra impeller is in the drive, is this the case with the SE116, or does it require a water pump to be installed? Also, which gear ratio is best for this application? Thanks for any input you can provide.

The SE116 does have an impeller in it, so no worries there. You might need to purchase a new impeller ad the mounting hardware is different. Also you need to make sure you can change the throw of the shifter. If not, you will need to purchase a new one.

For the 4.3 we would recommend the 1.81 ratio.

Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. Will an alpha 1 gen 1 or gen2 lower unit work with an se116?

Comment

An SE116 is the replacement for a gen II

tech support

Comment

I recently purchased a cobra conversion kit and 116 drive. Does the drive come with an impeller and mounting hardware, or do I need to purchase them seperately? Also, does the conversion kit come with an exhaust bellows?

Comment

The lower unit already has the water pump mounted to it. For the exhaust bellows, you can either eliminate it entirely, or try to adapt your old one to it.

Tech Support

Comment

Is the impeller already installed with the water pump when shipped or do I need to get the impeller myself? I am just trying to make sure I have everything I need to complete the install. Thanks.

Comment

impeller

Comes factory installed

Comment

Shifter throw change

Can you tell me how to change the throw of the remote control? I am having a heck of a time finding any information on this. I have an OMC Cobra remote control. Thanks.

Comment

I apologize, I do not have manuals for all of the controls out there. You might want to consult a dealer that is familiar with controls, or do some searching online to find a manual for your specific control.

Just so we are on the same page, basically all you are doing is changing the way the control moves the cable. An OMC drive when shifting from neutral to forward pushes the cable. Our SE116 requires the cable to be pulled. Some controls are dual purpose, so they can push or pull, but some are not. It is possible that you will need to purchase a new control

Tech Support

Comment

Install question

I am attempting to install the se116, there is a piece with a red o ring on the end located near the shift shaft, could you please tell me what this is. There does not appear to be any parts that connect to this piece. Thanks.

Comment

On a mercuiser Gen II boat, they run the speedometer pick up through the drive. That is the fitting to connect the speedometer hose to. You don't need to worry about it, it wil just shoot a small stream of water straight up.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                        X