Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We typically have the unit in-house for 3-5 business days, so it just depends on where you are at for shipping time each way. To start the warranty process, just give us a call at 813-925-7127 and ask for Warranty. Please be sure to have the serial number available when you call.

Thanks,

Tech Support
    I live outside Raleigh, NC.

By the way, based on my location, what do you estimate it will cost me to ship the unit back for repairs? You guys cover the shipping cost when returning it to me, right? Thanks.

So that is two days each way, so it should be doable. I would think the shipping cost should be around 50 or less. We do take care of it on the way back.

Tech Support

Unit received back within 10 days of shipping it to SEI via UPS. Great turn around time. However, work order said case and seals replaced. Unfortunately the case was not replaced and don't really know why it should have been unless there was a flaw in the case that was causing a poor seal somewhere. Called SEI about the work order and talked to Phil. Of course he doesn't know why the case was not replaced or why it was supposed to be (he had the same thing on his notes - case and seals replaced). Phil was very nice and helpful. He told me that SEI would pay to have it shipped back if unit was still taking in water. Will have the boat in the water for three days next Fri, Sat, and Sun. (Aug. 27-29). Will check unit for water then. If still taking in water will contack SEI for further instructions. If it is necessary to send the unit back I hope the turn around time is just as fast as the last one because I'll need the boat again Sept. 11th. Thanks for the great customer service up to this point.

No water found after last trip. Hopefully my issue has been resolved.

Late entry:

Unit ended up going out last fall. Since then SEI has repaired failed unit (replaced gears and seals). Just finished 10 hour break in oil change. Noted some brown streaks in oil. Not sure if it's natural or if water entered the unit. No water came out immediately like it did before the unit went out. Are the brown streaks something I should be concerned about?

After having the gears replaced, the unit feels better than it did when I originally got it. It feels like things are tighter and the gears ingage quicker.

Once again, I ask, are the brown streaks normal after 10 hr break-in. Thank you.

Sorry, I missed the question the first time I read it. We use Quicksilver high performance lube here, and it wouldnt be unusual for there to be a little bit of darker color streaks in it. I think it would depend on what color the lube was to begin with, and how quickly you changed it after running. I would just keep an eye on it.

Tech Support

I use Evenrude sythetic blend (green). Thanks for the response.