Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the gear ratio for my lower unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the gear ratio for my lower unit?

motor model number is:OD299737
    shaft lenghth:25''
    engine is a 200 mercury
    Last edited by bcacace; 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM.

That serial number shows a few options, so unfortunately I am not able to confirm the ratio. I believe if you call Mercury Marine they can confirm for you, or if you know you have the small 4.25 diameter bullet case, then what you have is a 1.78 ratio. We do not make the small case, but we would recommend the big case with a 1.87 ratio.

Tech Support

Comment

is their any other information i could get that would determine the ratio or do you have a number that i can contact them to get that information.

Comment

Any Mercury dealer can probably look it up. Otherwise Merury's number is 920-929-5040

Alternatively if you have the lower unit apart, you can count the pinion gear. 14 teeth means a 2.00 ratio and 15 teeth means a 1.87.

Tech Support

Comment

i talked to mercury they said it was a 1:87 but to make sure the gear count on the top drive shaft was the same to you happen to know what it would be on the se206

Comment

I assume you mean the spline count? All of the 206's are 8 spline and so are the Mercury's
            The part number you would need is 90-206-A25

Tech Support

Comment

thank you,you have been very helpful will recommend you to everyone

Comment

Working...
              X