n-omc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n-omc

No more OMC for me. Converted to the SEI 116,complete kit. Very easy install but the web site and instruction are lacking. First of all my drive doesnt lift as high or drop as low as the Cobra did. I havnt tried it on the water yet so I dont know how this will affect my "hole shot". There are no suggestions on how to make the trim switch work. The bell housing,being cast to replace a Cobra should have been cast to match the Cobra profile. Someone dropped the ball there. I did form a plate and attached it to the SEI bell housing to accuate the switch. Switching from OMC to Merc. I obviously did not own a Merc prop. No mention of prop and thrust hub was made anywhere. I had to run to a Merc. dealer in another state to get a thrust hub. SEI you sell a great unit but you stopped short of the info your customers really need. Information is power. Especially in this economy and in retail. Please understand,I am very happy with SEI. I just dont like not having everything needed to do the complete job. Thanks SEI. I will keep you posted on its use.

An OMC drive is limited by the cylinders as to the amount of tuck in. Because of the different pin location on the SE116 drive it is no longer possible to use the trim cylinders as the stop because it would be to low. If you purchase the drive from us. Depending on your transom angle, it may not trim down enough. If your hole shot is not as good as your original you can modify the drive to allow a little more tuck in. I have attached an image showing the area we modify.

I have also modified the website description to include needing to purchase a new prop and hardware and also that the kit does not retain the function of the trim position sender.

Thanks for your feedback

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the pix. I had the boat out for a few break-in hours and am impressed. I have the peace of mind back that I will need while traveling 15 miles out on "Mean" Lake Erie. I dont think the lack of "tuck in" will be an issue because my boat is a light weight Starcraft Islander. If I do have to modify, its very do-able for me. Great out-drive. I am trying to convince a local dealer to try a few. Kudos to SEI!!!!

Comment

Hi Gizmo. I read in another post, you fabricated a bracket to make your trim indicator work. Any chance of some fotos. This has been holding me up from the conversion a year or so. BTW I was told by technical support the bellhousing is a standard Merc bellhousing the only thing that makes this kit unique is the latch pins and the Bellows. They are custom made, nothing else.

Comment

Working...
        X