SE116 Water in Gear Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE116 Water in Gear Oil

I just install SE116 upper drive when started engine with cuffs an ran for a few minutes I found water in the gear oil, the drive did not slide easily into the bell housing

As far as the drive not sliding in easily, did you check the engine alignment? That is usually the culprit.

Water in the oil is a little tougher. You just replaced the lower? Was it only ran on the hose? What caused the upper to fail? Maybe the seals under the water pump are bad and allowing water to enter the drive?

Tech Support

Comment

Water in Gear Oil

I just replaced the upper case, I saw water seeping from under the uppercase top cover, the one with allen head screws, I did nothing to the lower gear box
      Last edited by bcash; 08-16-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Did you actually get water in the oil, or are you just seeing water leak from around the top cap? It is not unusual to have a little bit of water leak from that area, and it will not cause water to get in the oil.

Tech Support

Comment

Water in Oil

The gear oil looked a little milky when I drained it but I did not see seperated water. I will refill and run again to verify
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X