New Install 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Install 116

During my period on the lake for brake in period notice temp gauge went up a little maybe 20degrees above normal when i was at 3000rpms. temp below that is 170degrees. Also on my omc conversion my trim indicator only goes down half way on gauge when all the way day? Do i buy a merc indicator too fix this problem thanks. Motor 5.7

The overheating unfortunately might be an issue with the water pump sucking exhaust gases. The pump may need to be removed and resealed.

As far as the trim indicator, it is noted on the product webpage that it will not function. If you wanted to, you could fashion an L bracket with slots in it to make it adjustable. Then you would screw that to the side of the bell housing.

Tech Support

Comment

I have thru hall exhaust. So the water temp gauge should stay at 170 then.

Comment

That is a little odd. Was the slinger on top of the water pump? That is the black rubber piece that sits on top of the water pump. Did you have any problems getting the watertube installed? It must be sucking air somewhere. When was the last time it ran with the cobra, and I assume the temp was fine then?

Tech Support

Comment

The last time it ran temp stayed at 170 with the old outdrive, have about 5hrs on new outdrive. Im goin to take it to a marine here close to me they said a new impellor kit plus seals right around 62 bucks for merc parts. The original marina that put on the outdrive,we dont see i to i so im not that intuned with how to fix this problem so i went with a different marina to fix this. Can i order these parts from you u guys before i take it in? thanks
          Last edited by apsu; 09-08-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

If you contact the warranty department, they should be able to send you a new impeller and gasket kit.

Tech Support

Comment

No my boat just in fresh water. The impellor had some chunks taken out of it so i dont know for sure what it is thanks for the info!!

Comment

Working...
              X