lower drain holes stripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower drain holes stripped

I purchased a this lower unit in the spring of this past year and only put 10-12 hours on it. I had no issues whatsoever with it. However, this fall when i went to unscrew the gear lube drain screws, the threading stripped out of the lower. (the screws are fine, its the LU that stripped). This happened on both the upper and lower drain screw. I have changed the LU lube on my boats for 30 years and have never had this happen to one, let alone two screws. What should I do?

Sorry for the late response. I thought I answered already, but just realized I hadn't. Definately call the warranty department at 813-925-7127 with your serial number and they will get you taken care of.

We very rarely get a warranty for a stripped plug, so I am surprised. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Tech Support

Comment

Drain plug!

I had the samething happen to me! Although it is only the bottom drain hole. I am in the process of contacting Texas Outboards because this is who I bought it through. I know you posted this last year and I was wondering how the whole process went and how hard was it to get them to replace it?

Comment

I would recommend just contacting us directly. Please get the serial number and call 813-925-7127 and ask for the warranty department.

Thanks,

Tech Supoort

Comment

Working...
        X