sei 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sei 106

[I bought two sei106 outdrives, i had them put on buy one of your dealers. Dana point shipyard I have less than 5 hours on both. i started to over heat on the port side, so i shut down that motor and drove it back in to slip on the starbert motor. I had the boat towed back to Dana point shipyard ware i was told that the water pumps in both outdrives were not working . This of course was after they had to take the outdrives of the boat to check them out .I was also told that i had to ship the out drives at my cost back to the factory for warranty service, this is also after I had to pay to hall the boat out of the water with a crane and pay to take the out drives of the boat and if I shipped them i would half to pay for the shipyard to split the outdrives in half for shipping. No wonder you offer a 3 year warranty you don't pay for any thing that brakes.I am so sorry I bought these outdrives, don't make the same mistake I did, buy a Mercruser at least they have a good warranty !!!! Mr. B

damage

Well, if they removed them and did an inspection ,what was the damage to the impellers? most shops would have simply replaced the impellers and had you on your way first.Then worry about a warranty claim .

Comment

SEI 106 big problem ,The shippyard found the problem with my out drives !! Falty parts the impellers in the water pumps the rubber impeller spun on the brass sleeve. Both outdrives had the same thing happen !!!This is why my engines were over heating ! I have less than 5 hours on these new outdrives now please tell me why SEI wont even pay me for the parts to fix them when its there MFG error ???? Mr. B

Comment

impellers

Been doing warranty replacements on the impellers I`ve installed. Seems the company making them had changed manufactures and had this problem. They claim to have corrected it but there is still some bad stock around.I have 10 going back to Sierra and they are said to make the same ones for everybody including Mercruiser.Maybe you can get SEI`s parts supplier to cover the repairs locally.

Comment

Working...
        X