Prop shaft has wrong splines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop shaft has wrong splines

I installed my new lower on a 225 Optimax last night. The prop won't fit. The splines are a different shape than the original mercury lower unit. They are shaped like a V. The original was a v shape that's flat on top.
    Jay

I am sorry you are having an issue. Please contact the warranty department with the serial number and they will get you taken care off. You can call them at 813-925-7127 or email warranty@sterndrive.cc the serial number is on the unit, or on the original box. I will give them a heads up that you will be contacting them.

Out of curiosity, did you try another prop, or just the one? We have seen a wide range of dimensions on some props.

Tech Support

Comment

No I only have the one prop. It is a two year old stainless Mercury prop with the flow torque hub kit. I am heading by the boat to take some macro pictures of both. I will contact the warranty department first thing this morning. My hope was that there might be a different hub to fit the splines. Freight from the Virgin Islands round trip to make this right is going to be a problem
      Jay

Comment

Found the problem

There were a couple splines with damage on the very end. I hand filed down the burrs and it went right on.
        Jay

Comment

Great, glad you got it worked out.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X