Flushing System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing System

I have the SE106 (Alpha One) I store the boat on a lift. PLEASE tell me there is another way to flush the motor and outdrive without hanging off the ladder to install the ear muffs. Seems all other systems have an direct connect hose system. There has to be something for the SE106.

There is no flushing system available for that style drive. I remember seeing in the past a set of ear muffs on a pole that would allow you to reach it from the top. I did a little looking, however I don't see anything available now. Maybe you can make something up. Also, I imagine you could make some sort of piping and valve system inside the boat to allow you to hook a garden hose up to feed the engine and then have the water coming from the drive diverted somewhere else. The risk with that would be more failure points. Maybe look at iboats.com forums. There might be someone there that has done it.

Tech Support

Comment

flushing, as in after each use

Nothing for these drives except muffs or in water. A system can be constructed with some T`s and valves and a additional bilge hose fitting.PVC may also be used.
      you can pm me for my cell if I dont make this clear enough.Make sure the drive is low enough to pump water
      Cut the inlet hose in a convenient spot.
      1 to engine
      2 shutoff valve
      3 from outdrive
      4,5 shutoff valves
      W fresh water in, garden hose with the male end
      D raw water overboard ,bilge hose and fitting
      Normal operation 4,5 closed.
      For flushing 2 closed, 4 open, 5 open
      1----T---2----T----3
      I I
      4 5
      I I
      W D
      1 to engine
      wont let it post properly , below the 1st T is the shutoff #4, below the 2nd T is shutoff #5
      Last edited by Bt Doctur; 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

TY, I was looking more along the lines of flushing the outdrive at the same time. I have considered your method to get a good flush on the engine, but dang near fell off the ladder last time putting the muffs on...lol

Comment

Working...
        X