no peeee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no peeee

HELP! I Just installed a new sei 400 series on my old but trusty Y-225, all seemed to click into place and instalation was easy..... Then I turned on the engine and noticed no water jetting out of the flow indicator NO PEEE!!!. WHATS UP? Water hose was ok, earmuff ok, removed L.U. AGAIN checked to see any obstructions in the tube feeding the power-head , all was ok, also checked to see if some one goofed and didnt install an impeller. NOPE there was an impeller , and it seemed to be installed ok with the vaines indicating a clock-wise rotation . next i used a large tub to dunk the unit and cranked it up again, this time there was acouple of drops that sperted out of the flow indicator but then nothing again. This engine is equiped with a flush hose. when i connect my water hose to it the water circulates just fine and a strong flow is indicated . so im sure that its not a cloged pee hole. If anyone can help i would be very greatfull. thanks in advance .

No water out of the indicator could be caused by a few different things. One would be an obstruction. You have pretty much eliminated that as a possibility be getting flow when using the flush hose. Another would be a faulty water pump. You indicate that you have pulled it apart and inspected it, and all seems ok there. It would be smart to also verify there are no obstructions before the water pump. If that checks out okay, then the most likely cause would be the poppet valve assembly. It is located on the exhaust cover where the large hose attaches. Remove the two bolts securing the outlet and inspect the valve and spring. Possible problems are a broken or worn spring. The aluminum around the grommet for the valve can get corroded. This usually holds the valve open which causes a large drop in water pressure.

Tech Support

Comment

finally fixed

Thank you for your reply , i was finally able to get gback to work on it. I removed the popet valve and cleaned out all the water passages. re-installed everything and got the pee to flow. Thanks again for your help. :)

Comment

Working...
      X