No announcement yet.

lower end shifter housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed you a picture regarding the amount of trim down. You will need to modify the housing a little more in the area shown in the picture.

Regarding the shift, I believe you have fuel injection. What is the idle rpm? It should be 550-650 RPM. The other issue may be the way Omc stumbles the engine. When you shift out of gear, the shift cutout switch should stumble the engine. Make sure that is happening. Also, if you have a normal coil with the + and - marks, you may want to try hooking the shift cutout switch up a little differently. Run one side of the switch to ground, and the other side to the negative side of the coil. This will eliminate the alarm momentarily while shifting, instead of just stumbling the engine.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the picture, my housing is cut down like the one you sent me, how much more can it go? I will put the kit on and get back to you after a trip to the lake, don't remember the idle speed.

Comment

I would just cut it back a 1/4 inch at a time and try running it. You don't want to much negative trim as that will handle poorly if you just leave it down all the way and run at speed.

Tech support

Comment

I will try it, will let you know how it went in a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
          X