shift linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift linkage

purchased complete out drive trying to install everything is lined up and slips together go to check the shift and the shaft falls from the shift rod coming from the gimbal housing what cab I do to fix this

Are you referring to the shaft that is hooked to shift arm in the bell housing? 21 and 25 in this schematic. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Me...ING/parts.html

I'm not sure why it would fall out. Is it bent? It sounds like you may need to purchase a new shift shaft, arm, and screw.

If you are referring to something else, please clarify.

Tech support

Comment

I am talking about shaft number 22 drops down from shaft 21 ans wont shift

Comment

Ahh, that makes more sense. There is a washer on the shift bushing. Number 52 in this schematic. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Me...0MR/parts.html

That washer keeps the shift shaft from falling down, in other words it sets the height. It must be missing from your lower unit. It comes installed on the lower, but it would be possible for it to slip off during shipping.

Tech Support

Comment

just checked shipping box's no washer will pull upper unit off in the morning if it is not there can you send me the spec's on the washer so i can find one

Comment

It is 3/8 I'd by about 1 inch O.D. You can get away with less that 1 inch. It just has to be big enough to sit on top of the shift bushing. Once you see it, you will see what I mean.

Tech support

Comment

yes the washer was missing I took the one off my old outdrive and installed it it works fine. May I suggest putting that procedure in the assembly part of the web site so others don't have this problem. thanks catwrench

Comment

Glad you got it working. Now that I look at the guide, I can see the pictures aren't right. I will get that taken care of.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X