Thread: Alpa one Gen 1 Upper Unit oil seal

Default Alpa one Gen 1 Upper Unit oil seal

I am not sure if I am putting the oil seal of the upper unit housing were the driveshaft goes in the right direction because evey time that I take the the lower unit off to change the impeller the rubber of the seal is releasing from the seal and drops of water are commig out.
    I am putting the lip of the seal facing down to the water pump and I am putting sealant with edge of the seal befor press it into the housing.
    I am doing it right?

It sounds like you are putting it in the logical way, with the lip down, so it keeps water out. That is not the correct way though. It should go with the lip up. If the lip is down, it makes it hard to assemble the halves without damaging the seal. With the lip up, you won't, or at least won't as easily damage the seal.

Tech Support

It tought so because I read the service manual but I didn't understand it well.

Thanks very much.