Installation instructions for SE205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation instructions for SE205

Do you have installation instructions for the SE205? I have found the instructions for the SE206 on the website, but not the SE205.

The installation is very similar to the 206. It will be the opposite of removal, just don't forget the bolt under the trim tab. The trickiest part is fit firing out what gear the new lower is in. You want to install it in either neutral or forward, and make sure your shifter is set to the same as the lower. On the 205, if it is in fwd the prop will lock one way and ratchet the other. Neutral will obviously spin freely both directions. Reverse locks both directions. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Tech Support

Comment

I was asking because I have the older style lower unit and need to install the 92-205-07K mid section shift shaft kit first. The first step in the directions for this kit says "Remove the gear case. Refer to the 205 installation guide for directions."

I've purchased the mid section shift shaft kit but need to measure the shaft
      length before I order the lower unit. Figured I would change out the mid section shift shaft while I had the lower unit (gear case) removed.

The Clymer's manual that I have covers dropping the lower unit. What I need to know is if there is anything that I need to do other than dropping the lower unit. From your answer, I would say that there is not.

Comment

You are correct, just drop the lower unit, then follow the shift shaft installations instructions.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X