Thread: Request for support/warranty assistance

Default Request for support/warranty assistance

Hello,

I installed an SEI lower unit on my motor in January of 2012. It's been running great and showing no signs of any problem until yesterday afternoon.

I was pulling up to the dock and when I went to shift, the motor shut off and I could no longer shift in or out of gear.

Today I drained the lower unit and there was a noticeable amount of metal shavings on the magnets.

It's also very difficult to shift the motor in or out of gear.

I think this lower unit is damaged. How do I initiate the warranty process?

thanks in advance for your assistance.

Thumbs down

I'm sorry your experiencing a problem with our product. Please call us at 813-925-7127 Monday with your serial number and ask for the warranty department. They will give you an RG number and have you ship it in to us. We will have it in house 3-5 business days. Tech Support

Thanks for the quick response on a Sunday. I've heard nothing but great things about your warranty department.

I'll call tomorrow morning.

Thanks again

this is how hard it was to shift the motor.. it bent the tab where the shift cable pushes against..

Got and installed my new LU yesterday.

Dealing with your warranty department has been an excellent experience.

I wanted to come back on here and say thank you for the way this was handled. It was a very pleasant and professional experience.

Thanks Again!