Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating

Just put on a 106 drive (top & bottom), now when coming off plane temps start to rise. Have had same thing happpen when impeller was needing replacement. The drive is new. Why would a new impeller be bad out of the box? How do you guy's handle this warranty issue? Do I have to have it send back, or would you let my dealer replace the impeller? (New to you dealer, Steve at Aquaholics did the install, I'm his first SEI customer ). Also it is not going into nuetral very easy, I have to wiggle the shifter back and forth to find it. It is also dying in reverse. Cable was replaced this year. I have a few friends waiting to see how my new drive perform's before they pull the trigger on an SEI drive.
    Last edited by riverrat 58; 07-04-2012, 10:33 AM.

I'm sorry your having issues. A low speed overheat is usually from an impeller that has had sand run through it. It cuts the edges of the blades and makes them less efficient at low speeds. For a new one to have an issue is pretty rare. It is covered under our 3 year fault free warranty. generally the unit would need to comeback to us to repair it. It doesn't make alot of sense to send it back though, once the lower is pulled down, it's only 4 nuts to change the impeller. If you want, we can just send you the parts. Call the warranty department on Thursday and they will get you taken care of. 813-925-7127
    Concerning the shift, it sounds like a shift adjustment issue if you email tech@sterndrive.cc I will send you over the instructions for the shift adjustment. just put shift adjustment as the subject.

Thanks, and happy 4th,

Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat 58 View Post
      Just put on a 106 drive (top & bottom), now when coming off plane temps start to rise. Have had same thing happpen when impeller was needing replacement. The drive is new. Why would a new impeller be bad out of the box? How do you guy's handle this warranty issue? Do I have to have it send back, or would you let my dealer replace the impeller? (New to you dealer, Steve at Aquaholics did the install, I'm his first SEI customer ). Also it is not going into nuetral very easy, I have to wiggle the shifter back and forth to find it. It is also dying in reverse. Cable was replaced this year. I have a few friends waiting to see how my new drive perform's before they pull the trigger on an SEI drive.
      Yes I agree it is unusual for this to happen, but I did not run through any sand and only put about a 1/2 hour on the drive, I noticed right away when I first came off plane that there might be a problem. I will have my installer,( one of your new dealers) contact you about replacement of the impeller. Thank you and a happy 4th to you too.

Comment

You were right about the cable adjustment. It was off just enough to engauge the kill interuptor. The impeller however, was found to have a vane that was slightly bent over causing the overheat problem. I wonder if some of these sit too long in the drives and become mis-shapen. You may want to ask Steve to send it back to you to check it out. My dealer was great, and took care of these problems quickly, he's probobly a keeper for you. I think you should take care of him in this instance.

Comment

Working...
        X