Install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install question

Upon install of upper unit, unit would slide in to about 1/2 inch away from complete. No matter what I did it would go no further. I Assumed it was the o-rings just needed that extra push, so I tightened down the 6 lugs and it slipped completely in with a little 'pop'.

Is this normal?

AND, attaching the shift cable switch on the lower unit, it does not face totally front to back when in forward, it is cocked to the side a little. Is this normal as well? (before I mate the two halves).

BTW, its best to pick up any (old) stray O-rings lest on clean up your wondering if it fell off as you were installing... thus making you pull it off to check... Kinda a time saver...

Thanks,

Do you mean the shift shoe? I don't know what you mean by shift cable switch. The shift shoe is brass and connected to the splined shift shaft in the lower. If it is off a tad you should be OK. It is always a good idea to check engine alignment with an alignment tool when you install an outdrive.

Comment

Yes the shift shoe.
      I checked engine alignment and it was perfect, easily slid in and rotated with only 2 fingers.

As mentioned, the drive installed well, but stopped at 1/2 from sealing. Tightening the bolts closed it the rest of the way. I 'assume' this is normal as I imagine the O-rings are pressing against something and needed some extra love?

Comment

As long as your shifting ok, then the shoe should be fine. If you need to adjust the shift, email me and I'll send instructions tech@sterndrive.cc

The oring can definately be a little tight. You should be fine.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X