Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim guage indicating opposite

Hi,
    My trim guage was not indicating properly so I loosened the two adjusting screws on the sender and rotated the unit. When I rotated it cw simulating trim down, guage showed it as trimming up. ccw did the opposite. I reversed the wires at the unit but it did the same thing. The only way I could get it to correctly reflect what was actually happening was to install it on the port side where the trim limit switch is! Works properly there! Have any thoughts on this?
    Did notice that port puck has T.L. on it as it should but stbd puck has P.. Could that mean 'Port' as it should be on the port side? Are these both port pucks? It is an SE106 but not sure pucks are original or not.
    Attached Files

I had to break out the manual to refresh my memory. Trim limit is definitely port and the trim sender for the gauge is starboard. For the trim position sensor , put the drive down fully and remove the sensor. Make sure the mark on the rotor aligns with the mark on the sensor, then reinstall it. Then turn the ignition on in the boat and adjust the sensor so the gauge shows full down.

As far as why it is moving opposite, I think the marks must be off? It the gauge functioning backwards in operation, or only when you are adjusting it? Maybe we are thinking wrong?

Tech Support

Comment

Ok I will check it out further as you suggest and get back.

Comment

Working...
      X