Thread: SEI106 Paint Coming Off

Default SEI106 Paint Coming Off

About 3 years ago I bought SEI106.
    This year when I took the boat out and cleaned the unit with the power wash most of the paint came of the unit.

Does anyone know what type of paint I need to use some friends suggested me to blast the unit and use Epoxy paint?

Any suggestions?

Epoxy paint is good. Some people get good results just using a spray can. The prep is probably more important. You need to make sure that you get any loose paint off first to prep the surface. You can either use a 240 grit sandpaper or sand blast it as was suggested. Then be sure to give it a final wash with acetone or something similar before painting it.

Tech Support