2001 oceanpro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 oceanpro

hey guys. i have a 2001 oceanpro 150 20". bought this motor complete with existing controls last year. has always made a pop as though the clutch dog slips. when i installed it i cld make it pop in reverse but not forward or forward but not reverse but always made an occasional bump in one or the other. very low hours on this motor super clean. i set it up so i had no pop in forward and used it that way for a while with a slight bump bump in reverse. now the reverse barely engages at all. forward is fine. i removed lower unit, checked shaft height, readjusted and reinstalled. same result. seems to engage by hand when removed from engine. does this sound like i have a ruined clutch dog? also i didn't look closely when removed but do i have the 2 piece drive shaft and are special tools reguired to change it if i purchase one of ur drives? thanks

The clutch is probably shot now. I would check the control to make sure it has the proper output. It is probably fine, since it is low hours. The shaft is two pieces. You do have to disassemble the unit to get it out, so there are some special tools required.

Tech Support

Comment

all cables and controls appear to be in good condition. shift height measured correctly but perhaps it was off a smidge after a water pump change or smthn prior to my purchase... i dunno. all linkages r in as new condition as well. perhaps previous owner did alot of shifting.. johnsons seem proned to this type of failure perhaps.. at any rate i will disassemble soon and be back in touch after getn a good look at the drive shaft. thanks for the reply and u shld recieve and order from me very soon

Comment

upper shaft removed. ready to proceed with order including water pump kit. any other recommendations? also my shift height was 21.75. i read elsewhere that this was correct. do u have or recommend a source for this info? thanks again and i look forward to giving a good review

Comment

21.75 sounds right, but give tech support a call tomorrow and they can confirm it. I am out of the office currently. Please have the model number when you call. Other than that, it sounds like you are all set.

Tech Support

Comment

Placed order today. Easy process so far. Thanks

Comment

Received quickly! My front horizontal lip above the cav plate(the one that ships with a piece of rubber hose over it) was bent during shipping. I was able to straighten it however it does have a small crack from the stress. I am fine with filling the crack with epoxy before painting if u guys think its ok. It's strong and not cracked at the edge. Also I've been thinking of trying a hydrofoil and was wondering if drilling the cav plate affects the warranty. Had one on another motor once and liked it. Thanks for great service

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I just noticed the post. The cav plate is a delicate piece when it comes to shipping. You can fill the crack as you suggested. The hydrofoil will not void the warranty, however if the cavitation plate breaks off where you have it mounted, we would not cover the case. More or less if it breaks because someone stepped on it.

Tech Support

Comment

thanks. got to put a few hours on the unit today... very pleased

Comment

Working...
                  X