Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What parts do I need off my old lower unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What parts do I need off my old lower unit.

E

I have my boat in the shop being looked at. im pretty sure I need a new lower unit. I have a 1997 Mariner 225 efi 3.0 . I have taken my lower unit off before to change impeller. What if any parts would have to be changed from my old lower unit to this one. Also what would the turnaround be on getting the new one shipped to me after I paid.

I sent manufacturer number in a private message. Also motor is painted black so I want black case.

Comment

That would be our SE216 drive, but we would want you to verify the shaft length, gear ratio and spline count on the driveshaft. It is probably 13 splines on the driveshaft, and the gear ratio is probably a 1.75. Once ordered we usually ship within 48 hours. All of our 216's are black, so it is good that you want black.

The drive comes complete, you just need to fill with oil, and reuse your trim tab and mounting hardware.

Tech Support

Comment

Where do I measure the length. Base of water pump to the end or what? Where would i find gear ratio?

Comment

Measure form the case mounting surface, to the top of the drive shaft. If you measure around 23" then you have a 20" shaft, if you measure around 28" then you have a 25" shaft. If you measure 33, then you have a 30". The gear ratio is not marked anywhere. You would have to disassemble it to verify. The tooth count is probably 12/21 which is the 1.75 ratio. That is our most popular by far, and I don't think I have seen a 225 use anything but a 1.75. And actually, the other ratio it may be, which is a 1.87, is no longer available anyway so you have to go with a 1.75.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Comment

Can you drill the holes for a hydrofoil without voiding the warranty?

Comment

It won't void the warranty, but if the case breaks because of the fin, we wouldn't cover it. Basically if somebody steps on it.

Thanks,

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X