counter rotation yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counter rotation yamaha

I purchased a counter rotation lower unit for my 200hp txrp 2 stroke. I have put 7 hours on the unit so far. At 3 hours I changed out the lower unit oil. There was very little metal shavings on the magnet. Now here is my question For some reason my cr unit is mounted on the starboard side and makes maneuvering a little difficult. What do I need to do to be able to move the cr unit to the port side? Moving the shifters for both engines the shift levers move in the same direction when put into F/N/R. On the cr unit does the shift shaft move in the same direction and the standard unit when going into F/N/R?
    Thanks Craig
    Last edited by craigwill; 05-02-2013, 08:51 PM.

Craig,

If you have a standard and a counter, I don't think it would matter what side they are on as far as manuevering the boat. Typically the counter is on the port side though. You can definately swap them. You only need to make sure the prop stays with the unit. You will not have to do anything to the shifters, the Lowers take care of that internally. So just to clarify, take the port prop and lower and put it on the starboard side, and then take the starboard prop and lower and put it on the port side. The counter rotation should have a LH prop and the standard rotation should have a RH prop. Feel free to call us with our serial number and we can confirm the rotation of the unit if you get them confused.

Thanks,

Tech Support

Comment

Thank you. I tried to register my new lower on your page for the warantee and rec'd a 404 error?
      Craig

Comment

Yeah, that hasn't worked in a long time. We don't require you to register it, we register it when we ship it out.

Thanks,

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X