Water flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water flow

I installed my new lower unit, per the instructions, after I did that I started the motor with water from the hose going into the unit and I did not get a stream of water, do I need to let it run until the motor warms up or should there be water pumping out a hole from the start, It looked like it was splashing out the exhaust hole on the back of the motor! My unit is a 200 HP mercury outboard... Help

The stream of water should happen fairly quickly, but it depends on your water source. If your in the country on a well pump, it may take a little longer. The best thing to do is put it in the lake and try it. If it doesn't have water in 30 seconds, I would say there is a problem.

Make sure the hose is not plugged up with something. Try to blow through it. It is also possible that your water pipe is damaged and somehow did not connect properly when putting the lower on.

Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      The stream of water should happen fairly quickly, but it depends on your water source. If your in the country on a well pump, it may take a little longer. The best thing to do is put it in the lake and try it. If it doesn't have water in 30 seconds, I would say there is a problem.

Make sure the hose is not plugged up with something. Try to blow through it. It is also possible that your water pipe is damaged and somehow did not connect properly when putting the lower on.

Tech Support
      So can I try a trash can full of water instead?

Comment

That is not ideal. It works okay with smaller motors, but I don't like to use it on a bigger motor. If the lake is too far away, then try it, if it still doesn't seem to pump, then go to the lake.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X