Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much travel should there be on the lower shift cable of a SEI116 Converted Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much travel should there be on the lower shift cable of a SEI116 Converted Cobra

Ok, I am at it again after pondering all winter, bought a Mercruiser shift bracket assy and a new Uflex B184M Shifter, I read the normal lower shift cable travel should be just over 2" but mine requires 3" to fully engage rev and fwd. It is still brand new and assembled properly(99% sure).

With the lwr shift cable off the 3" is measured full extended to full retracted.

Thanks in advance

Bastards that stole my recently rebuilt Cobra karma is a biotch

Sorry i missed this post. Our forums are pretty slow lately. Our test boat is at out test lake, so I'm not sure I can measure it right away. I know the cable coming from the control should be 3" =/- 1/8". They do give a spec for slop on the cable that goes to the lower. What you want to do is put the unit in forward,while it is not running, and then have someone keep pressure on the prop so it does not disengage, then move the cable in and out lightly. The play should be less than 9/16". I will email you a document, reference page 4. I wonder if when installing the drive, the little roller fell out of the shift slide? Are you able to get both forward and reverse at the prop?

Comment

It's FIXED F'en Finally, installed the Mercruiser Shift plate and Uflex B184M Shifter along with a Uflex C5X shift cable and it works perfect.Engine Shift Plate.jpgB184M.jpg

Comment

Hi there! I am suffering from the same shifting and interrupter switch issues. Can you provide the part number for the Mercruiser shift plate you ordered?

Comment

Working...
        X