Upper and Lower Outdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper and Lower Outdrive

I ordered and complete upper and lower outdrive and had it shipped [2] day air.Arrival was as planned and installed the new unit.After idleing and shifting gears while the boat was still on the trailer and watching the temp gauges,it looked alright to drive the boat home and put it in the lift.I left the marina and about a quater of a mile underway the engine overheated.I shut it down before any damage to the engine occured and got towed in and back on the trailer.After splitting the unit in two for inspecttion I found that the plastic water guild hose had melted and also the water flapper in the exhaust manifold had melted also.I replaced those items and put in a new impellar[the origal looked fine but sent it back to SE.After installing the unit a second time I ran it on the trailer with muffs and had loud gear noises.I shut it down,shipped it back to SE [1] day air,they recieved and put in new gears for me and shipped it [2] day air per my request and installed the unit,and it runs great now
    Watch out for the impellars [SE-116] Kevin
Working...
X